Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: High School Coach Suspended

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Coach Suspended

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    300-16-3 Competing Schools ? A competing school desiring to videotape or film an athletic
    event in which that school competes must receive permission in advance from the tournament
    director. Under no conditions may the tape/film be used for scouting purposes by schools other
    than those involved in the event filmed. Schools not competing in the event may not film or tape
    the event. The film/tape is not to be used to second guess decisions made by game/meet
    officials. The film/tape may not be sold, rented, or loaned for commercial purposes.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Just thought I would post it in case someone doesn't want to download it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #12
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Coach Suspended

    Thanks I did not want to type it all and I cannot cut and paste a PDF at work.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Coach Suspended

    I read it and found this part interesting

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The film/tape may not be sold, rented, or loaned for commercial purposes.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    GC sells Tapes of there games how is this not a violation of the above rule?

    P.S. not picking on GC just I remember them anouncing over the PA system that the tape of the game could be purchesed at the office

  4. #14
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Coach Suspended

    The school does not do the selling as far as I am aware. It is done through STE Channel 30, which I believe was covered under the next paragraph of that PDF.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #15
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Coach Suspended

    Did not know....With Tapes picked up at the HS I asumeed the HS was running the show Oh well add that to the list of things I don't know crap about LOL

  6. #16
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: High School Coach Suspended

    Actually STE Channel 30 no longer runs the production efforts for Gate City athletics, although it is aired across the local cable station. There is a time period (can't remember if it's 48 or 72 hours) that the VHSL requires that you wait before airing the event. Charlie &amp; Sharon Starnes of Starnes Photography are the people who does the filming now under the banner of "GC-TV".



  7. #17
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Coach Suspended

    I forgot about that O77. They took over 2 seasons ago didn't they.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #18
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: High School Coach Suspended

    Yes, that is correct.


  9. #19
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: High School Coach Suspended

    Not sure what their rules are there. But they broke several VHSL rules in filming the game. The following quote.

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The videotape was shot for a rival school that was scouting the game.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    And this also makes for some interest in this situation. Under VHSL rules the following applies. So had they been under VHSL rules would the film of been allowed.

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The film/tape is not to be used to second guess decisions made by game/meet
    officials.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I have a problem with the the above based on some calls that could of determined the outcome of a game. Such as a pass of was a person in bounds or out. Just something that made me think. But you never know.
    In this case. My question would be with the officials, knowing the down and distance, both teams knowing, how much could the man of changed the marker? Unless it was just inches. I find it amazing in a way. One that it happened and two no one caught it, till an illegal tape by VHSL regulations shows up. Like i said just something to think about. The man didn't say he didn't do it, and was already looking for suspension, just not for a year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •